Pages

Monday, April 07, 2008

Start the week @ RD/KA!: Meanwhile... playing catchup

RD/KA! in review
Recent visitors to the RD/KA! homepage will perhaps be less surprised than readers who follow feeds, but I'm back at the keyboard after a 7-month bloglag, the longest since RD/KA! launched back in August 2005. Thanks to those of you who were prompted to contact me because of this long silence. I was gratified and encouraged as ever.

As you'd expect, the longer RD/KA! went untouched the more I shrank from returning to it, to the point where I was telling myself just to give it up. The wish to give the thing in passed along with the worst of my mood downswing (the trough bottomed-out December last), but I still had to endure months' of writer's block which could've left me just giving up on the darn thing if it'd been as simple a matter as just slinking off and leaving RD/KA! another dead blog long forgotten. But of course, I've got RD/KA! as my homepage. It appears every single time I open a new browser window. So I the darn thing won't just slink off and die. No, I've got to put it out of its misery good and proper. Which I just couldn''t face doing, naturally enough.

As the figures on the right show, on the face of it RD/KA! has had a chequered publishing history, with posts in the initial half-year equivalent to those in the 2 subsequent full-years combined. The 200+ total posts average some 6+ posts/month, a figure which, if maintained, would give both an active blog and a healthy schedule of deadlines which has a fair chance of continuing unchecked through moodswings (fingers crossed!). So here's hoping that 2008-09 sees my existing output organised through a proper schedule so that RD/KA! becomes more regular than ever before.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back, John.

I recently bought myself one of the historical variants of Settlers of Catan; the Roman one.

I have the German version and was looking for a copy of the English version rules. Would you happen to know where someeone would aquire such a thing?

Al

Anonymous said...

So good to have you back!

Josef, Sweden

"A bit political on yer ass!" said...

Thank you for your kind words Josef.
Cheers,
John ;)

"A bit political on yer ass!" said...

Thanks Al. I'm glad to be back, surprisingly so! As for those English rules? Well, you could ask around in the shop where you bought it, or you could check here- Catan.com. Hope this helps.
Cheers,
John

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back.

One of these days I'll make it up there and we can relive your adventures in the stream / wire/ marsh...

Mark

gnome said...

Lovely seeing you back and all psyched up to blog out the blogosphere. Had me worried there for a moment mate... :)

"A bit political on yer ass!" said...

Thanks Mark. Nice to see you here yourself. I hope you'll comment regularly.

Stream? Wire? Marsh? You'll get your come-uppance again at Up Front sooner or later no doubt. You can play it online with the VASSAL engine y'know. And that visit, hmm?

Cheers,
John ;)

"A bit political on yer ass!" said...

Out of the woodwork again, eh gnome? I knew you'd be back! I confess I worried if I'd get running again myself. It was an itch I had to scratch in the end, though I had to do some serious battering to get through 7 months' writer's block. Being back blogging is good, expect RD/KA! to continue to develop in the months ahead.

Cheers,
John ;)

gnome said...

Out of the woodwork and into the frying pan it seems my friend. Almost too busy to breathe really, but I'm really happy RDKA is back on track...