Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wow, just WOW!

Open Office.org is a suite of office software derived from earlier products by Sun Microsystems. It's free and, for the average user, is at least as good as MS Office. I've been using it for several years now. I just found out today that OO.org 3.0 is now available, and that the servers are heavily overloaded. And how! When I started my download some 15-20 minutes ago, the download time was some 3 hours and 20 minutes. It's now some 4 hours and 20 minutes, having shot up past the 5 hour mark in the interim. This is crazy shit! (4h39 now.) I've got to leave the house, so I'm going to have to cancel my download and come back to it later.

Like I said: wow. Just WOW! ;)

PS. 4h13 now.

2 comments:

Andrew Paul said...

The obvious first question is why didn't you just leave the download running while you went out? :)

"A bit political on yer ass!" said...

Simple: I prefer always to switch the computer off when I go out anywhere further than the local shops. It's downloaded now. Took some 3 hours in the end.

By the way, I've discovered some interesting clarifications in the Descent FAQ. Plus, I've completed the relabelling I've been talking about, and added an extra layer of geekiness to which you can look forward. Just you wait till Sunday! ;)