Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The final countdown?

So I went to a FLGS on Tuesday in search of my copies of the latest Combat Commander goodies: the much-anticipated Pacific expansion, and the similarly long awaited Stalingrad Battle Pack. Out of luck, I was told that I'd be able to pick them up by the end of the week (and I will, you can be sure!). So that's another couple of days through which I'll have to have endured the frustration of reading enthusiastic reports about the new CC stuff from the US fans who got their copies last December because they'd all pre-ordered it through GMT's P500 scheme. Gah! ;-b

Fear the vengance of a... Badger?
In the meantime, I'm consoling myself by looking forward to another Friday Night Firefight with Badger. As I expected, he's looking for a rematch of Scenario #7. Bloody Bessarabia, which we'd played last xmas. A high stakes encounter this, I'll try to ensure that we take enough notes so that I can put up a few more pictures. I'll certainly make sure that my GIMP scenario #7 XCF file is ready for quick action when I come to write up Friday's events for my readers.

Back to CC at last! Heh. ;)

No comments: