Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

A small but satisfying landmark

This is my 300th post, a landmark I at first would've hoped to have reached long before this, year 5 of RD/KA!. After all, I managed 99 posts in the 5 months of 2005 after I launched this blog with my impressions of the Glasgow Worldcon, a 20/month posting rate which'd've put my postcount in the region of 2000 if I'd kept it up in subsequent years. Ah well, such are the vicissitudes of the bipolar blogger's life.

Still, 300 posts is quite respectable for a hobby blog, representing:
  • 1½ posts/week for 186 weeks.
  • Remainder 21.
Or, in the form of a viable publishing schedule:
  • 1 post/week.
  • 2/posts/month for 44 months.
  • Remainder 26.
Everything else aside for the moment, my biggest hope for the future of RD/KA! is that the 7-month bloglag of 2007-08 will be the last such massive writer's block I have to endure. Time will tell. Fingers crossed! ;)

5 comments:

gnome said...

Congratulations! And keep it up mate!

"A bit political on yer ass!" said...

Thanks gnome. Your friendly presence has helped me keep going all these years.
cheers ;)

Anonymous said...

Good on ya! Time for a wee dram of the single malt! Matt Severns

"A bit political on yer ass!" said...

Thanks Matt, and welcome to RD/KA!. And yes, that's a good idea. I might well follow your suggestion later today.
cheers ;)

gnome said...

Oh, oh, and cheers!