Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

This is not a blogparty…

A last gasp?
Today is RD/KA!'s 7th birthday, one I honestly barely expected to celebrate after the fiasco that was the 5th birthday blogparty. But here I am, although it’s just a quiet night in this time.

The past couple of weeks have been crazy busy for me, what with 3 games sessions, another foray into the hustle and bustle of Glasgow’s thriving indie comics scene, a visit to the hottest happening in the Scottish gaming scene in longer than I can remember- plus another Claymore; on top of all of which I’ve just landed with family after a whirlwind of a long weekend at a convention in Bradford, where I met a host of new fellow games and comics geeks.

So I’ve got loads of material and a lot to celebrate, but I’m totally exhausted and on holiday to boot. No promises then to those who’re wondering when promised articles will appear, other than that they will appear, and as soon as possible.

The usual suspects?
I had all sorts of things in mind for today's celebration post. Frankly though I'm so tired I just can't be arsed. So I'll just say this: as proud as I am to be celebrating 7 years in the blogosphere, this really isn’t about me, it’s about you- my readers. Cheesy? No doubt, but it’s the knowing that you’re out there- each and every one of you, that picks me up and keeps me going. Thank you all, my dear readers, from your ‘humble’ scribe. ;)

4 comments:

Ian said...

7 years blogging that is some achievment! Envoy your holiday

Ian

gnome said...

Congrats and happy birthdays are in order, so, uhm, congrats and happy borthdays RDKA!

Also, here's to another couple of decades of excellent posts!

Oh, and have a great vacation!

"A bit political on yer ass!" said...

Thanks for the kind words gents. And I can report that the holiday is going just fine, thank you very much. :)

grumhelden said...

7 More Years! Good to see you at stuff again by the way, always a pleasure.